As much as treatments are essential to rid of any disease or cure a disorder, imaging technology is equally necessary to diagnose that disease. Diagnosis plays a significant role in determining the correct treatment needed for the illnesses and conditions. Inaccurate diagnosis can cause considerable problems, as the doctor might not able to provide with the appropriate treatments necessary.
The Radiology and Imagology unit at Vinn Hospital offers a wide range of advanced procedures for diagnosis of multiple medical conditions, through precise imaging and scanning services. The crucial part of the department is the Radiology technicians who are well-trained and possess knowledge of practically every area of the body which comes up for imaging. These areas include Abdominal, cardiothoracic, Neuroradiology, head & neck, musculoskeletal, Breast imaging and ultrasonography.
To avail the facilities of Vinn Hospital’s radiology and imagology unit, patients need referrals, either through doctors within Vinn Hospital or outside doctors.
Some of the services offered in Vinn’s Radiology and Imagology department with the use of some cutting-edge technology and facilities are as follows –
This service provides patients with standard X-rays of the body or a specific area for out-patients as well as in-patients.
This service is to determine imaging of internal organs in a body. This process is performed under fluoroscopy-intravenous Urography, Micturating Cystourethrogram, Barium studies for Oesophagus, Stomach, Small and Large Intestines, Hysterosalpingography (HSG), Fistulography and Sinography.
Ultrasound units with coloured doppler facilities
At Vinn hospital, we have three advanced units with ultrasound technology that also provides colour doppler facilities.
- General Ultrasound: For abdomen, pelvis and soft tissues of the body.
- Obstetric Ultrasound: Performed to reveal the age of the fetus and to ensure its healthy development. 3D and 4D sonography of foetus have broadened the horizon in obstetrical imaging.
- Color Doppler Ultrasound: For abnormalities of arteries and veins of the body. Biopsy of Masses and Drainage of Abscess or Fluid can be performed under ultrasonography guidance.
Some of the other essential services include –
- Multislice Computed Tomography (CT)
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – 1.5 Tesla
- Mammography Unit
- Bone Density Scan
- Picture Archival and Communication system (PACS)
- Neuro-Radiology Division.
All the services mentioned above are available for patients, as they help our doctors of various departments understand the illness or problems a patient might be facing. Imaging and radiology is essential to start the road to recovery. At Vinn Hospital, we have the best radiology and imaging technicians on board, which ensures the diagnosis is accurate and flawless.
Book an appointment