The moment you have a headache that you aren’t able to get rid of, or if you have a stomach ache, a viral fever, or any problem, who do you remember? A doctor.
Now, when you think of a doctor, is there a specification that you look for? Not really. You’re basically looking for a normal physician who can help you get some pain relief. Many of you might also have your own family doctors, to whom you rush to when you are in pain. They could either be someone who specialises in a particular area of medicine or could just be a general physician.
They are doctors who have a basic degree in medicine (MBBS) along with a master’s degree MD in general medicine. But what if you’ve moved to a different city, and you can’t reach your family doctor immediately? Have you thought of that? Normally you might manage with a simple phone call consultation with which you might get some help.
However, that might not help you every time. That’s when you will need someone to replace your family doctor’s role. So, here we have some basic information that will help you know how to find yourself a good general physician. Read on.
Choosing The Right General Physician
You’ve now made up your mind to choose a new general physician, and this is quite a challenging task. You might definitely not want to go to any doctor without doing a proper research and checking up for all the credentials of the doctor before going ahead with your consultation. So, here are three things you should consider while looking for a general physician.
Access To The Hospital – This is one of the most important aspects you must take into consideration. Accessibility matters because you might need an emergency check up and rushing to a hospital nearby would save time and risk.
A referral given by a friend or relative – Personal referrals usually are more reliable because you’ll mostly get a review of the doctor’s services, which will help you make the right decision.
Your family doctor’s referral – If you are moving to another city, you take down a few details from your current general physician that will help you find the right doctor.
Apart from the above points, the general physician must also have these:
- An undergraduate degree in MBBS recognised by Medical Council of India.
- Good diagnostic and analytical skills in treating a range of general health problems.
- Check for any track records of malpractice of the doctor or the hospital they work at.
- A general physician must have a lot of patience when it comes to treating patients. Consider compatibility as an important factor while choosing your doctor. Check if they answer all your questions patiently, and explain your diagnostic results well.
- You must want to go back to the same doctor, which is the most important while choosing the right general physician. So, if you are looking for a general physician no matter what the reason might be, you’ve landed on the right page. The above-mentioned information will be an advantage while you do your research, and also, you can feel free to get in touch with an consult our doctors.
About the Doctor:
Dr. Rajesh Vukkala is Senior Consultant in Internal Medicine, with many years of clinical experience both in India and abroad. He completed his education from Osmania Medical College at Hyderabad and with an MD in (General Medicine) and MRCP (UK). He has vast experience in multiple medical specialities and training junior doctors & medical staff, even during his Senior Residency in Nizams.
About the Hospital:
Vinn Multi Speciality Hospital has been providing comprehensive treatments and cares for its patients, with the best in class doctors, specialists and support staff. Our teams and units are dedicated in their cause to ensure optimum health for all our patients. Vinn Hospital has the best, state-of-the-art facilities, which treat an array of diseases and disorders all under one roof.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
December 14, 2019
December 14, 2019
January 30, 2019
December 05, 2018
November 30, 2018
November 23, 2018
November 21, 2018
November 13, 2018
November 07, 2018
November 05, 2018