A multi-speciality hospital is defined by the array of treatments and services it is capable of providing to patients who come in. The idea of multi-speciality itself dictates that the hospital be able to provide as many treatments as possible, without ever compromising on the quality of procedures and leave nothing short in the care to be delivered. Similarly, at Vinn Hospital, the endocrinology department was set up to do just that. The department is ever ready to provide care and total treatments for people using a multi-disciplinary approach.
This approach is used for the evaluation, management and education for patients with problems including gestational, type-1 & type-2 diabetes etc. Most importantly, the Endocrinology department is designed to treat people with a chronic disease after all the necessary inputs are received from relevant speciality units like Neurology, Pathology, Nephrology, Ophthalmology, Gynaecology, General surgery etc.
What constitutes the body’s endocrine system?
Pancreas, the thyroid, parathyroid, pineal, hypothalamus, adrenal and pituitary glands, the ovaries/testes are all part of the body’s endocrine system. There are other organs too that are involved in this system that respond to, modify or metabolise hormones.
Additionally, the endocrinology department has a special clinic which treats and caters to problems such as diabetes, endocrinology, metabolism and issues related to genetics. This endocrinology clinic also possesses some of the best endocrinologists in Hyderabad as well as the best specialists in the field to aid with and treat the multiple disorders that patients come in with.
Below are the various treatments and care the endocrinology department offers to all its patients-
All types of diabetes (1, 2, gestational, other specific types) with comprehensive counselling about diabetes management, nutrition counselling, free diabetes education sessions, management of its associated complications through a multidisciplinary team.
- Cases of endocrine hypertension.
- Lipid disorders.
- Management of obesity through a multidisciplinary team and referral of indicated cases for bariatric surgeries.
- Treatment of postmenopausal ladies who have troublesome hot flashes.
- Screening and treatment of osteoporosis.
- Treatment of young ladies with abnormal facial hair growth, and cycle irregularities (the PCOD syndrome).
- Management of thyroid disorders including hypothyroidism and thyroid nodules.
- Management of pituitary and adrenal disorders.
- Management of patients with growth and puberty problems (short stature, delayed puberty and precocious puberty).
- Management of specific endocrine syndromes like Turner syndrome and line felter syndrome.
- Hormone assays by Chemiluminescence and Immunoradiometric.
- Endocrine Scintigraphy.
- Selective endocrine venous catheter sampling for precise localisation of endocrine neoplasm.
The endocrinology department has some of the most sophisticated treatment and care methods for patients. This unit treats all kinds of endocrine system disorders, thyroid diseases with the guidance and expertise of top thyroid specialists in Hyderabad as well as diabetic treatments with the best diabetes specialists in the city. Reach out to us if you want to know further on the procedures and subspecialties this department has to offer.
Book an appointment