Andro-Urology is the part of urology that specialises, researches and provides treatments in the areas of male reproductivity and sexual health. It also emphasises on the medical and surgical management of male infertility, erectile dysfunction, Peyronie’s disease and hypogonadism.
At Vinn Hospital’s Andro-urology department, we treat and manage the entire spectrum of clinical urology with high-level medical expertise and nursing care, as well as with the most skilled doctors, top of the line procedures and complete solutions for men suffering from problems such as reproductivity and sexual health. Ideally, the Andro-Urology department at Andro-Urology is the part of urology that specialises, researches and provides treatments in the areas of male reproductivity and sexual health offers comprehensive treatments for both men and women, using methods like involving minimal invasive surgeries, surgical solutions as well as non-surgical treatments depending on the magnitude of the problem faced by the patient.
Some of the top subspecialties under the Andro-Urology wing at Vinn Hospital are –
- Advanced Laparoscopy
- Reconstructive Urology
- Surgeries specific to men’s health
- Voiding dysfunction
- Pediatric Urology
Some of the most essential procedures and surgeries performed within the Andro-Urology department are –
- Extra shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Open total or patrial pelvic exenteration for locally advanced pelvic tumours from cancers of cervix or uterus in females or bladder in both males and females.
- Buccal mucosa substitution urethroplasty for long anterior stricture urethra – surgery for complex long strictures of the urethra. Flexible Retrograde Intrarenal Surgery (RIRS) with lasers for breaking and extracting large renal stones.
- PCNL & Flexible nephroscopy – During or after PCNL surgery, the flexible endoscope is used to remove residual stones which are not manageable by rigid scopes. Antegrade flexible scopy is done through the percutaneous tract; stone fragmented with holmium laser. Special baskets remove stone fragments
- RIRS – Retrograde intrarenal surgery. We have the latest chip on the second tip channel flexible scope. The small calibre flexible scope is inserted from the natural urinary orifice. The range is advanced all the way to the kidney. The kidney stone is fragmented by laser, and the basket removes the stone.
- State of the Urodynamic art machine, used for assessment of all cases suffering from lower urinary dysfunctional symptoms including Neurogenic bladder, incontinence (male and females), Enuresis (adults and paediatrics), under X-ray fluoroscopic imaging
- Prostate disease: Bipolar TURP
- Male Erectile Dysfunction- shock wave (ED1000). ED1000 is a clinically proven treatment for vascular-related Erectile Dysfunction (ED) problems. It involves the use of low-intensity extracorporeal shock waves similar to ultrasound waves. It stimulates the creation of new microvascular blood vessel networks that increase blood supply to the erectile tissue, thus enabling the achievement and maintenance of full dependable erections. Treatment protocol consists of several sessions conducted over few weeks time. Each session takes 20 minutes approx. Patients can return to their daily routines immediately following each treatment plan.
Book an appointment